Monday 11 April 2011

Another Year Older

Annnnnnnnnnnd just like that.....i'm another year older.  This year though, involved alot of planning!!  The girls from work and I planned an entire day of birthday extravaganza!  It really had been a long time since I had a real birthday party, mostly because of my 294772 children.  So this year, we decided on a theme first off.  Originally, I wanted "Leather Lace and Latex" but then we thought that's basically LADY GAGA so that was our theme!  Then we decided we should get tattoos for my birthday as well, so we booked that.  THEN some friends were having their birthday party on the same day so we combined efforts!  Basically, my lovely day went like this....

-Woke up by 6:30am to crying baby
-Out the door for a run/walk by 7:30am
-Gals from work showed up with Subway lunch and a GAZILLION GIANT trays of homemade cinnamon buns!!!!  Keeping with the theme, they had sayings iced into them such as "don't be a drag, just be a queen!"
-Stuff our faces and all pile into Rhonda (the station wagon) and we're off!!!
-Tattoo shop and we sit and go over design etc with tattoo artist....I get to go first!
-Prep and tattoo.....AND OW HOLY CRAP DOES INNER BICEP TATTOOS HURT!!!!  MOTHER OF PEARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Finish mine and watch G get hers!
-And we're off again!  Couple of pit stops along the way but we get back home where my mom is cooking a giant pan of chicken Mole.....YUUUMMMMMMM!!!!!  Her specialty!!
-Family all shows up, we squish around the table and DIG IN!!!  Also, we go through many, many bottles of wine!
-Birthday cake done and it's time to GET GAGA!  My mom does my makeup while the girls do theirs.  Yes.  Okay, they are talented, and I still need my mom.  I'm 32 for fuck sake.
-Time for costumes!!!!!!!!  I get dressed for the first time in my costume and all of a sudden it hits me....HOLY CRAP I'M NOT WEARING PANTS AND I'M GOING OUT OF THE HOUSE.  How does Lady Gaga do it all the time????  I'm feeling a bit awkward and naked wearing basically a PVC bodysuit, fishnet type stockings and PVC spike heel boots.  Annnnnd that's about all i'm wearing.  Naked right??
-Out we go to the other birthday party house!  Drink some more wine to help forget about my lack of pants, do some schmoooozing and we're off to dancey dance at the Element!
-DANCEY DANCE our butts off!  I still have the blisters to prove it!  Everyone has a good time and we stay till close, which is a miracle for us!  We're normally in bed by 10pm.
-Now here's the bad part of the night.  We try and phone a cab.  In Castlegar.  Basically, IMPOSSIBLE!  We have one cab in this town.  So we end up sitting outside the Element waiting for a cab for 1.5 hours.  Remember, I HAVE NO PANTS ON.  G is even worse off!  She has no pants, or shirt.  We freeze and are miserable.  What a way to end a good night!!
-Finally home and in bed by 4am.  Get to sleep and thankfully everyone sleeps in till almost 8am the next morning! 

I got off with a very minimal hang over!  Mostly just tired, but it was enough to remind me of why we don't do this anymore!  I've decided I can wear no pants and be okay with it, all though, it might not fly at work.  I also remembered what an amazing group of gals that I work with and hang with and I'm super lucky to have them as my friends!  I also have an amazing family (which I knew already!!) and this years birthday was a smashing success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment